We Are Seeking Advisory Council Members!
Kayci Lynam, Autumn Cuellar and Eric Stokes are all self-advocates on the CAC council.
Consumer and community involvement is vital to our work!
We are seeking adults with disabilities, family members of children with disabilities, university faculty members, and representatives from other community/state agencies who work with people with disabilities to serve on our Community Advisory Council.
CAC members assist the director of the Institute for Disability to review programs and develop strategies to best reach and serve individuals with disabilities, families, and professionals in Utah. Members of the CAC are expected to:
• Attend four meetings a year (two in-person and two via Zoom)
• Work on increasing partnerships and advocacy within Utah
• Participate on IDRPP project advisory committees • Share resources, ideas, and networks
• Represent IDRPP at local and regional events.
The IDRPP will support members to participate in CAC meetings by:
• Reimbursing travel expenses for meetings
• Providing an annual stipend for adults with disabilities and family members who serve on the committee
• Providing an accessible meeting space, materials, accommodations, personal assistants, or respite care as required, so all members can participate
• Creating an environment that provides an opportunity to enhance leadership skills
• Providing an opportunity to develop new partnerships and collaborations
• Sharing information about the activities of the Institute, our projects, and people
Please apply by filling out this application. You can then email it to Executive Director Matthew Wappett or snail mail it to:
Dr. Matthew Wappett
Institute for Disability Research, Policy & Practice
Utah State University
6800 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-6800