Community-based instruction (CBI) teaches individuals with disabilities functional skills within community settings. The goal of CBI is to support individuals with disabilities with increased independence and greater quality of life. The Meaningful Community Access and Supports for People Receiving HCBS Training provides direct support professionals with the skills and knowledge needed to educate their HCBS clients through five modules. Topics for the training include:
- Legislation and Background Information Supporting Community Access and Engagement
- Describing a Direct Support Professional’s Role
- Describing Community-Based Instruction and Supports
- Where to Begin When Delivering Community-Based Instruction
- Systematic Response-Prompting and Fading
Staff on the Project
This project is funded through the Utah Department of Health and Human Services.