Child Care Nutrition Program

Our Mission Statement

To promote good nutrition and a safe, healthy child care environment for the children of Utah. To provide nutrition education, support, and disburse USDA funds to family child care providers.

Welcome to the Child Care Nutrition Program. The Child Care Nutrition Program is a proud sponsor of the Child and Adult Care Food Program. The Child Care Nutrition Program has a contract from the Utah State Office of Education to provide program services directly to family child care homes. The purpose is to provide quality meals to growing children. It has been proven that children who receive good quality, nutritious meals in sufficient quantities from birth through school age begin school with a distinct advantage over those children who have not had such meals available.

Reimbursement Rates

Meal Reimbursement Rates (July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024)

Meal Tier 1 Tier 2
Breakfast $1.65 $.59
Lunch/Supper $3.12 $1.88
Snack $0.93 $0.25

Lunch box

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442
  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Child Care Centers